At Wals Diving & Marine Service B.V. (Wals Diving) creating safe working conditions where no damage is done to the environment is part of our core business. Our high quality standard allows us to ensure safe execution of work with maximum quality service.
Focus on Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QHSE) is an integral part of the Wals Diving & Marine Service business conduct. Excellent QHSE performance is essential to our business success and is seen as one of our distinctive features. Wals Diving & Marine Service B.V. is
ISO 9001 en OHSAS 18001 certified.
Please see our QHSE policy here.
Look at current procedures and develop a plan to improve them where necessary. Set goals for these improvements;
Execute the improvement plan. If not certain of its success, start on a small scale (trial/test);
Measure the results of the improved process and compare the results with the initial process;
Adjust the process where needed by looking at the measurement results from “CHECK”
Wals Diving wants to continually improve its Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental performance.
It is therefore our policy to:
- Provide appropriate resources, information, training and skills to enable each employee to apply work practices and procedures which will ensure a healthy and safe workplace, without damaging the environment.
- Provide and implement procedures which ensure a healthy and safe working environment; promoting these procedures and evaluating the effectiveness of their implementation for continual improvement of the organisation.
- Ensure proper housekeeping of all locations of Wals Diving & Marine Service to mitigate slip, trip and fall hazards.
- Ensure an active psychosocial hazard policy with zero tolerance to those who surpass that policy.
- Demonstrate visible and active leadership that engages employees and contractors and manage QHSE performance as a line responsibility with clear authorities and accountabilities.
- Strive to eliminate any foreseeable hazards which may result in security losses, damage to property, the envirionment and personal injuries/illness (Risk Assessment Analysis).
- Ensure that all Wals Diving & Marine Service employees, freelancers and contractors understand that commitment to this QHSE policy and the Wals Diving management system is a condition of employment. Employees and freelancers carry the responsibility for their own safety and for those around them.
- Encourage a positive and constructive approach to health and safety, and to welcome suggestions from employees which might lead to safer and better working practice.
- Ensure compliance with all QHSE related laws and directives such as the Dutch Working Conditions Act, Working Conditions Decree, Working Conditions Regulations, Environmental laws, Tabaco law, Working Times Act, Health Care Act etc.
- Have implemented systems that identify, assess, control, monitor and review aspects that may influence QHSE performance during our daily operations.
- Ensure continual business improvement by creating and periodically checking our short- and long term QHSE objectives and targets.
- Having procedures in place that ensure communication with, and obtain input from customers, employees, freelancers, contractors and government bodies in support of the continual improvement principle.
This policy statement is seen as the foundation of our business operations. Our management system and preferred practices are all created in accordance with this statement to ensure outstanding QHSE performance. It shows management’s commitment to QHSE and a shared point of view between our customers, contractors, suppliers and freelancers.
The management and the QHSE department ensure compliance to the QHSE management system.
Wals Diving employees have the responsibility to visibly demonstrate compliance with the management system procedures so that the highest QHSE performance is guaranteed during business operations.
At Wals Diving we are committed to create a work environment where activities are executed in a safe manner, no damage is done to the environment and qualitative high service is provided to our customers.